25 Weeks

I haven't blogged as much about this pregnancy as much as the first.  There are many many reasons for this.  First of all, I'm older and had more reservations and worries about this pregnancy being full term and didn't want to evil eye the whole situation (with actual people who read the blog).  Secondly, it's crazy how much time I don't have this time around to sit around and bask in the phenomenon of my baby and my body.  I have a toddler.  Little LJ doesn't exactly give me tons of time to sit about and focus and meditate on me.  I haven't been to one prenatal yoga class yet (hopefully I'm going this weekend).  I haven't had the time to sit and reflect.  So the whole 25 weeks pregnant thing really snuck up on me.  I'm about to schedule my last "every month appointment" and switch to seeing my midwife every two weeks.  We're buying furniture and figuring out the new baby's room.  Things are getting real.

So here I am! Crazy nervous but also strangely calm about the whole thing.  This time we know what we're getting into.  We know the madness of sleep deprivation.  We don't know how that's going to go with two people vs. one.  We know the madness of colic.  We know the madness of being snowed in with a baby (hooray for planning an April baby).  We are anticipating not having the luxury of taking shifts-- and both being on call for two little self-centered people for a while.  I'm also so excited to see Lilah become a big sister.  She has figured out that there's a baby in mom's "puza" but not sure that she really grasps what that means.  Definitely sure she won't be ready for the shift in her life.  She's about to be "out-needed" by a little person without a developed nervous system or body control.  Her life's about to get real.  I very very much pity her for this, but am very excited for the opportunity that this brings to her life.  She's going to be an excellent caregiver and friend.  LJ is one sweet little girl.

So here we go little boy! You have 15 weeks (roughly) to get yourself together and come out into our worlds.  We're doing everything we can to get ready for you.  See you soon.

Love,
Mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Twitchy

Things I Miss