6 months

:)

I'm waking up 2-3 times a night now.  Things are improving.  My husband and I are in the same bedroom and baby is in his crib.  We're almost to crawling.  We get on all fours and rock back and forth.  Our scalp is itchy as all get-out and he is constantly clawing at himself regardless of how short his nails are and how much vaseline/ coconut oil/ cocoa butter I have on his head.  He's adorable and has the best gosh-darned attitude of anyone I know.  Today he grabbed the opening of my La Croix can and gashed his little finger pretty hard... we got a bit of a sad face and then instant smiles as I tried to grab his finger.  He thinks the whole world is a big game.  It's pretty great.

Lilah is getting better with the big sister thing now that he's a little more interactive.  She still freaks out but I think that's more having to do with her being a 2 almost 3-year-old and less with the fact that she thinks she's getting sidelined.  We've almost got the whole potty-training thing on lock and she only misses if she's asleep, or trying to make a point when we both aren't paying attention to her.

Life is flying by here.  It's crazy.  Noah is getting bigger by the day and I am much more mindful of getting the extra squeezes or holding him a little longer past the point where he falls asleep because I miss doing it with Lilah ever so much.  She barely lets me hold her, and pretty much only allows it at night when she's trying to postpone bedtime.  I'm making sure that I take in all of the moments.

Yan is as always the best husband ever.  He is careful to let me sleep on the weekend mornings and I can count on breakfast once I do get up.  I allow him time to nap as well but most times when I get back from whatever errand with the kid(s), he's just trying to catch up on work or on work around the house.  He's currently sawing into a cabinet to install our new wine fridge.  I lucked out folks.  Seriously.

Just got back from a bachelorette party.  I felt very out of place. I was very very nervous prior to going as I am nursing and pumping and overweight and just not in that headspace currently.  It ended up being just fine.  I honestly don't envy ladies who are single and partying it up.  I spent one night in a nightclub and almost grabbed a dude by his ear and almost interrogated him as to whether or not he felt he was acting in an acceptable manner.  I am officially "too old for this shit."  :) And that's ok.

In general... I remember things getting easier from 6 months to 12 months.  And then even easier after that.  And I am shocked by how quickly this first 6 months just rolled by.  So the biggest difference between my first and my second is I'm not just waiting for things to get easier... I am making sure that I take my time and actually get some goodness out of the hard parts.  Because this is my last time around and it's very very bittersweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.