Getting Back To Normal

The first school year at this job where I'm not pregnant or nursing.  What an incredible difference.  I'm able to think clearly as I'm sleeping through the night.  I have won back an hour a day that I was normally pumping in a closet.  I am able to think coherent thoughts and keep to-do-lists in my head without losing them completely.  I feel like I can think about what to wear and actually execute.  I'm able to shower regularly.  I see the other teachers going through the same period of time and feel incredible empathy and sympathy for them, but am SO glad that I'm not there anymore. 

Little man is adorable, has sprouted 8 teeth by now and is hilarious.  He does have a nasty biting habit.  There's a poor little girl in daycare and for whatever reason he is hell-bent on biting her.  Yesterday I got four accident reports.  They said there were even more attempts, but they couldn't keep up with the paperwork.  There's not much I can do for that little guy as convincing him not to bite when I'm not actually there isn't possible and I'm not sure how much I can explain to him.  We worked on it for a while yesterday night and today was better, but who knows.  I ask him if it's ok to bite, he says "no..." but then when I ask him if he bit a little girl in his class he nods his head and laughs.  Dear lord. Help us.

Lilah is testing limits hard.  She doesn't always listen and I'm not sure if she's manipulating or actually spacing out.  She's definitely quicker than the average bear and that makes her a little dangerous.  I'm secretly proud of the strong young lady that she is, but parenting her will be a challenge.  I'll love her as a grown-up though.  :)

In general, this family thing is going well.  I don't feel the need to escape nearly as strongly, and I look forward to the weekends when I get to spend time with all of my favorite people.  I'm sponsoring Key Club and that's taking a fair chunk of time, but I'm really looking forward to the day when I can take my kids along to these events and show them how to bring tikkun olam to the entire world. Those are the life lessons I am very excited to pass down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...