Dance Marathon, Burning Man

I'm laying here half thrilled and half sad that I can't be with Yanik who flew to Reno today to go to the burn.  Last year's theme was Fertility 2.0, and little did I know that a year after getting "spiritually" married to Yan on the playa I would miss the following year due to some Fertility 2.0. :)

Tonight was also our first full committee Dance Marathon meeting.  It's always so exciting to get the kids excited and pumped up about a new charity and a new goal for the year.  The late nights are always worth staying at school and being stuck in traffic on the way home in order to hang out with kids as motivated and giving as my DM-ers.  

But both of these different things are so indicative of what I'm so worried and concerned about with the whole "becoming a mama" experience.  Will I have to give up DM? Will it feel like I'm giving something up when or if I do? Can I keep the things that mean so much to me close and constant as I become a mama, or how much of me do I have to sacrifice? Are these crazy or naive questions?  I often think about some others I've seen give birth and how much I feel as though they are shadows of themselves... gone away to take care of others and uncertain as to whether or not they'll return to their 3D selves or just be content being shadows of themselves while being a 3D mom.  I guess it's just about whether or not they're content.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.