Work and that No Sleep situation

Thank god for block scheduling.

I only have to teach two groups of students each day.  That's pretty sweet... especially since this particular day followed a night where we had 4 wake-ups.  This little girl has figured out that she sees me less during the day while I work and if she cries Mom shows up.  She doesn't really eat... just reaches out her adorable little hand through the darkness and feels my face.  Which is really cute! Except for that we're doing this four times a night?? Not so cute.  Mom's tired.

I'm pretty much ready to nip this night-waking thing in the bud. But I'm not sure if she's teething or being social or actually hungry (which I doubt more than any of the other ones).  I'm going to start waiting longer and sending in dad occasionally which I didn't do before because I wasn't working... but those days are over.  :)

I'm rolling around on empty... but work is still great.  I do love the scheduling, I love the ability to get most of my stuff done during the school day, and most importantly I love that I can leave and get my little lady to spend a few hours together before it's time for bed.

Sorry for the non-sensical rant that had no structure today... I only had about 5 hours of sleep last night... and haven't slept for longer than 4 hours in about 9 months.  Sigh.

Mamas... when did you stop the madness? Did you ever?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...