The Loneliness of Parenting

This is something I've struggled with since the beginning.  There's something incredibly exhausting about being an extrovert parent.  I love people.  I need them to recharge.  I need hanging out with a beer around a fire pit or a good discussion over a dinner table.  I don't need a movie or a dance club where I can't actually talk to people.  The only issue is that usually by the end of the day I can only get out of the house around 8 or so and then want to go to sleep around 10 or so in order to get some shuteye before waking up at 6am.  So heading out and having an incredible evening of recharging is not something that happens often.  Especially when the majority of your people are in the same exact situation as you.  We saw some of our friends recently and I thought to myself "FRIENDS! Why has it been so long!" And then I realized, we're all sailing this lonely sea together.  A whole bunch of folks in little sailboats floating along in parallel.  As long as we can find each other at the end of this float, I'll be ok.  :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.