36 Weeks and the Sad Cry

Oi!

4 weeks(ish) left.  Pregnancy status report:  all things are going well.  I'm finally getting regular yoga in and massages and those are helping me.  I feel better now than I did during 2nd trimester.  I'm not sitting on crappy chairs anymore, bringing my sciatica cushion with me to meetings (I have no shame) and have finally almost fixed myself to a functional human being.  I feel like I can get through labor.  I have a doula lined up if Yan doesn't get better by then.  I have life-lines in place and I feel as though this kid and labor is something that I can handle, and I'm as ready as I'll ever be.  I'm realistic and understand that the next 3 months of my life are going to rock me like something I've never experienced... but it is what it is. I've accepted.

Lilah is becoming quite the little person.  The other day we were singing to her in bed after Yan turned off the lights and closed the door and she said "oi! papa! I can't see anything at all.  Could you please open the door a little bit?"  She's a communicator.  She knows how to say "supta baddha konasana" and show me the yoga pose it refers to.  She is much better at handling her frustration and letting me know what's wrong.  Most of her problems can still be fixed with food.  :)

At the same time we've developed a new interesting habit which is the sad cry.  Instead of yelling or freaking out, occasionally she just crumples her face and tears up slowly.  Last night she was searching for a story in our book and couldn't find it.  It was a little later than her normal bedtime and she was tired.  She sits out and away from me on my lap as we read.  I felt her getting frustrated and heard heavy breathing, but only after she shut the book and I flipped her around did I realize that she had broken into tears.  I asked her what was wrong and she just shrugged and said "sleep now."  This is so much more empathy inducing.  I also wonder where this came from.  Was she told not to cry often enough that she internalized? Or  is this just a coping mechanism that we've worked up to?  I'm not sure... but the sad cry is definitely contagious. :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.