First Year's Lessons

Well... this past weekend we celebrated! This little lady turned one year old.  We made it through 365 days and more importantly nights with this little person.  Yan made a video of her first year of life... and it's incredible how this human turned from a little sac of uncoordinated impulses into a real life lady with opinions and a sense of humor and mischief that is a joy to behold.

She taught us so much about ourselves as well as each other.  I know now that my husband is a softie of the best kind.  He will do pretty much anything to get a smile out of that little girl.  I know that I have a crazy need to get things right and make sure they're on a schedule... and that my little person will do all that she can to derail that plan.  :)  I'm getting better at letting go, but I definitely have a long way to go.

I've learned to relax and take more time for myself as the year has progresses... but still need to do more of that.  Taking time for me and for us as a couple is something that needs to increase... especially before we are crazy enough to do this all over again from the beginning.

The beginning of the next baby's life is a very daunting task but I will say that making it through one year once shows me that it can indeed be done and will probably go faster the second time around.  I understand why it's easier to have babies when you're younger in life. I still would do it this way though... I really lived my life up to this point.  I travelled.  I made a name for myself professionally.  These things make me a better mama.

Anywho... point is that this was a wild wonderful ride.  And I am so lucky to have a little human that is more like a companion at this point than a parasite (it's not harsh... it's a biological term... babies are parasites).  We spent the day yesterday together from beginning to end and it was actual fun!

Here's to more of that.  :) I'm very excited about having a little toddler.

Happy birthday Lilah.  Mama loves you tons and tons.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.