Latkes

Chanukah started last night.

Thanks to my mother in law picking up baby I was able to get to the grocery store and pick up food and drive home and make latkes and light the menorah.  We had a plate full of latkes for dinner.  I got to see Lilah do her new trick of when she grabs something to eat and blows on it before putting it in her mouth.

She's a cautious little lady.

She won't go up the stairs if they're too steep, she doesn't try to go down stairs ever, and she is totally petrified of hot food and drinks.  She's pretty funny.  I've become less cautious with age... mostly due to crazy amounts of mistakes regardless of how hard I protected myself against them.  It makes me think about risk taking and how I could actually teach my kid to take a few.  That's an interesting line to walk.

For now I'm pretty thrilled about the stairs.  :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.