Teeth, Talking, Tottering... almost

We're getting there.  

50 weeks old.  Almost one.

Third tooth sprouted.  We're working on our other tooth and we'll be bucktoothed soon enough.

She's babbling and repeating words after everyone that says anything. It doesn't sound like anything yet but when I yell "Yanik" she yells ah-ee!  When I say "Mama" she says baba!  We're close.

We're cruising hardcore around couches and coffee tables (which all parents hate and darkly warn about constantly).  She'll stand up on a toy, and then grab another toy and hold it and let go of her support... wobble for a few seconds then snap back to reality and sink back down to the ground for safety.

We're down to nursing 3 times a day.  She theoretically could be weaned at any moment.  Here I'm the one holding us back.  I'm terrified of bedtime with a bottle.  I don't know if she'll take one from me.  At the same time I'm done pumping and am kind of ready to be back to myself.  But then I get that last minute of drowsy cuddle where she roots into me and I don't want to lose that.  But I'm getting there... almost.

Soon enough.  And the thing is that as we approach these targets I get a little sad about those being in our past.  It's true what they say.  Kids grow up too fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.