41 weeks and 4 days... (aka 11 days late)

Here we are!
One day later than we made it with Ms. LJ.

I'm large and in charge and have been home on maternity leave for 2 weeks.  Who knows if that is hurting the situation? Nobody. One thing's for certain and that is that my body loves to host little people for longer than the average bear.  Maybe it's because I'm secretly terrified of having two? Maybe I'm literally extending this little "vacation" psychosomatically? Who knows.  All I know is that this little person is going to get evicted at 10 am on Friday morning if he doesn't figure it out himself.  THAT is terrifying to me.  Induction isn't something that I really ever wanted.

Kid is simply happy.  I'm going to these "trifecta" appointments every 3 days where they measure my fluid levels (making sure there's enough amniotic fluid), and do a non-stress test.  That kid has plenty of liquid to be swimming in and usually passes his NST within 3 minutes with the amount of movement that he does.  He's not super down (-2 cm) but I'm about 4 cm.  Just walking around with the door left open.

Sleep isn't a thing any longer.  I was up at 12, 1:15, 2:30, 3:30, ad 4:20 this morning before getting up at 7:30 am.  Thank the lord for naps.  My pelvis literally feels like it might come apart every time I get up for the bathroom.  Those ligaments are no joke.

I'm trying to clean this house, but it's a never ending battle.  2 year olds and cooking somehow cause mass chaos.  Each day is significantly shorter than I feel it should be prior to that 3:30 pick up time.

Our parents are helping pick up and shuttle LJ around and are taking her to the park and helping out so that I am able to survive without complete exhaustion.

On the upside?? No passover friendly bris is necessary! Passover will be over by that point and we can celebrate with some real cake and bagels.  These are the happy things that I'll cling to at this point. :)

One way or another, we'll have a birth by this weekend!   Think happy crampy thoughts before then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.