Gratefully Exhausted

Today was my last day of spring break solo with little LJ.  We woke up and on the way to dropping Yan off at the train she requested to also ride... so we did.  :)

We took the Swift to Howard and back just so she could.  She was so thrilled at some point on the ride back that she grabbed my head and brought my nose down to her for a kiss.

We went to Mariano's and got her the little red shopping cart and we stuck with that all the way until the cash register (we usually abandon it in the produce section).  We sampled olives from the olive bar.  She smelled all of the flowers in the floral section.  We sampled all of the the samples. We used the potty at the grocery store (going on 3 weeks in underwear!).

We took a trip to PetSmart and looked at the dogs through the window and the birds and the hamsters and the fish.  We hunted for the frogs living in the aquariums and the snails.

We came home and did all of the things she wanted.  We ate out of the Costco sized pretzel bag after we ate a complete lunch.  Because here's the thing...

It's the end of my solo time with my little girl.  And that is sad.  She will have to share the spotlight for the rest of her life now.  She'll grow and she'll become a little less self-centered.  These are all good things.  She'll become a better person for it.  But I will miss these days.  Just me and her.

So as I kick up my swollen feet during her nap I'm pretty psyched about our very very ordinary exhausting half-day together.

I'll miss my little lady.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.