Sleep...

Who knew that sleep was such a difficult thing?  Teaching your child to sleep is something that I had no idea I'd have to do.  I figured I'd just put them down or they'd fall asleep.  Little did I know that I have to become an intense observer as well as a little bit of a snake charmer in order to calm this little girl down and get her to sleep.  Today we had 2 2-hour naps.  This is totally amazing.  However then I done got carried away and took her on a walk outside for too long, she got overtired and then I had to wrestle with her for an hour to calm her down, I failed and now she's in her bedroom with her grandma taking a turn.  For now all is quiet... but I seriously have to watch everything about every day.  We can't take a walk for too long, we have to count yawns and we have to make sure that this little lady gets sleep... otherwise we all get terrorized for a few hours.  

Hopefully this is a lesson that we can both learn together. I'll work on taking shorter walks, and I hope she learns how to self-soothe.  What a learning curve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...