First Night Away

Man oh man.  We did it!
We escaped for (almost) 24 hours from our home and it was splendid.  Really really good.

We put the little lady down (almost) or at least got her settled enough and then grabbed our suitcase (mostly filled with lactation accessories) and jumped in a taxi and went to Tru.  It was a fabulous 4 hour meal.  (4 hours!!!)   We had cocktails and filled ourselves to the gills with an incredible dinner (really really good) and then went over to the Hyatt.  That was a fun experience.  We were checking in and the lady behind the counter asked for our last name, when I said Pritzker she laughed as if we were joking.  Turned out the room was under Ogulnik since that was still on my priceline account. Then I handed her my license and she was clearly weirded out.  She then said "well you clearly know all of the facilities..." and when I said I didn't she looked at me like she was being Punk'd.  Pretty funny. :)  

We slept.  (WE SLEPT!!!) I was awakened by my chest.  It was pretty sad that even though I was away from baby I still ended up pumping like clockwork due to discomfort.  I truly truly wished for detachable breasts... but you get what you can get!  And this was a fabulous day.

We pretty much just slept and ate.  We had breakfast at this incredible Belgian bakery which made unreal bread.  I just had a soft-boiled egg and buttered bread, but it was soooo soo good.  We acted like immigrants and wrapped up the rest in a napkin to go.  Then we walked around the Water Tower but didn't really want to buy anything.  Yan asked me what I wished for... and I wished for a cocktail at noon.  :) So we went and got drinks and ordered some oysters (since I couldn't eat them for the past few times that he ordered them).

We got high tea and then headed home.  She greeted us with smiles (she remembered me... I know this is ridiculous but I had my doubts) and I learned that it's ok to leave your kid once in a while to take care of yourself and your relationship.  I remembered what it was like to wander in a city with my husband.  And most importantly it got me out of our home and back into the real world.

A big big thank you to our parents who made this possible.  I promise I'll pay it forward when this little lady grows up.  :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.