First Day

Holy hell.

It's 9:15 and I'm wrecked.  Today was my first day back and it was definitely a whirlwind.  I woke up at 6:25, jumped in the shower, got my pj's on (it was pajama day), packed up supplies and fed the little lady and packed her up and we hit the road by 7:15.  I didn't get breakfast in, but we got in on time.  I dropped her off and didn't really have a hard time saying goodbye since I knew I'd be back multiple times throughout the day to feed her.  I had many people stop and ask me "how I was doing" with the expectation of me bursting into tears... but I'm going to go ahead and guess that these folks didn't have colicky babies.  :)  It was however so nice to be welcomed back to the building by so many lovely and caring teachers.  The teachers in this building are so lovely to work with... I had lunch supplied to me as well as chocolate chip cookies and quite a few wonderful folks who stopped in to check on me.

Let me start by saying that this week was a really crazy week to come back to.  I had 3 meetings today, I have two "Leaders to Feeders" field trips this week (and 3 next week) where I have to take hundreds of kids on field trips over to the jr. highs, there's a pep assembly Friday as well as a Variety Show... and prom tickets were on sale today.  It was nuts.  Throughout the day as I was running on all cylinders I would occasionally get a phone call from the daycare asking me to come down and nurse while I could hear my child giving them hell.  She's opinionated.  :)  She napped outside for 40 minutes while they went on a walk, and they told me that she got two other 20-30 minute naps in throughout the day... this is not a lot of sleep.  So by the time I picked her up at the end of the day she had full on bags under the eyes and was sunburned from her 40 minute walk outside on a cloudy day.  She passed out instantly in the car seat for the entire commute home.

On the way home I started feeling pretty crappy.  Turns out I think I might have been infected by the husband... which doesn't really bode well for my week to come.  I can't really get  sub for these events and I have to public speak for many hours this week.  SO!  No time... have to get better and "woman up."  Since ONLY a woman can pull a work week like this out of her tuchus all-the-while sprinting down hallways 3-4 times a day in order to nurse a screaming baby.  Dear. Lord. In. Heaven.

I'm spent.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.