The Final Stretch

People who run will understand when I talk about the final stretch.  When you know you only have a certain distance left that is totally manageable, but you have to take yourself out of your body and into your head-space in order to make it through.  You turn the corner, you see the finish line, but then you notice something.  The wind is blowing at you, the ground has an incline up to the line, your left calf is cramping up... and then you start to have doubts.  This is pretty much where I am now mentally.  I know that it's doable.  I know that it's right around the corner.  I know that one of the worst-case scenarios is that a week from now I'll get induced and that then it will all be done... but I need to get into my head and out of my body to do it.  So that's what I'm working on.

I had one of my legs give out on me today.  I was sitting on a hard chair tutoring a kid on the cell organelles, osmosis and diffusion and after 30 minutes I stood up and it felt like the picture below.  I literally had to drag my leg behind me for a good 5 minutes and I almost gave our elderly security guard a heart attack.  These are the moments that will make for good stories in a few weeks time.  I should hold on to that.  Keep that in my head space.  Just a few weeks time.

Comments

  1. Very nice style. Keep going. Before you know it can substitute for the school salary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My beautiful baby Jessichka,
    you do not want even macaroni to be undercooked :)
    You took longer. Ask anyone...you are Welldone! Terpaitience:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.