Moving On

Tomorrow we move and leave Lincoln Square and head to Skokie.  Next Monday I start work full time after a summer with my little lady.  Both are pretty hard to wrap my head around.

Lincoln Square
Top things I'll miss:
  • Farmer's Market to walk to...
  • Park to walk to...
  • Library to walk to...
  • Pretty much anything to walk to.  :) 
  • The ability to run out across the street and watch a movie in a theater
  • The ability to run and get gelato for watching a movie at home (although we do have Chocolate Shoppe really close to our new house).
  • Lovely care-free European feel

Days with Lilah
Top things I'll miss:
  • Her little puffball head after she wakes up and the grin she gives me when I walk in the room
  • Getting to see all of her milestones and firsts
  • Walks to the park so we can people watch
  • Hugs and squeezes

Generally... everything.  I do love that little girl more than anything.  It's funny because at first this was a love that was purely instinctual and animal.  She was my kin so I loved her.  But now! It's a love story that has no bounds, and it's a pure pure love of the best kind.  It's kinda heartbreaking.  

I dropped her off for a few hours at daycare today and she was totally fine.  Had smiles, waved to me.  All good.  I had a heavy heart the entire time. I used to make fun of these people.  And now?! I get it... and joke's on me.  I have a great sad about leaving her next week.

Deep breath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.