Things I Don't Want to Forget...

It's crazy.  I know kids that I take as the same age as my little lady and they are starting to turn one.  We're not there yet, but this is flying by at a crazy clip.  She's getting bigger and bigger, starting to stand up in her crib, want to stand and reach for new things and I kinda want things to slow down a little.  This is why people have more than one kid... they want to savor these baby moments and bring them back again. So here are some things I hope I don't forget about this magical time in our little lady's life.

She does this thing where she sucks on her lower lip when she's tired.  She calms herself down with her pajama, but when it isn't available she'll take any fabric available (she pulled down my head today to get at the bandanna I had in my hair) and tuck it in between her lower lip and her teeth and just pulse her little lip in a sucking motion.  I think it's adorable.

She's started giggling when she gets tickled.  She's super ticklish on the bottoms of her feet, under her arms, and her ribs.  She doesn't even understand that she's ticklish, so every time she laughs it comes as a startled giggle.

She loves to make sounds.  She loves to clap, smack things, hit things together, she loves to yell along when someone else yells.  This child is musical through and through.

She doesn't like to eat dinner anywhere but in the bathtub.  By the end of the day she's so fried that getting her to sit in a chair and eat is pretty much out of the question.  But if you offer her a pouch once she's unwound in the tub... she'll slurp it down and yell for another.  This child loves to eat while being bathed.  Bourgeois for sure.

She waves to people backwards.  If you say hello or good-bye, she's figured out to wave.  Sometimes it's 3 and sometimes its four fingers, and she'll open and close her little hand.  It's not always in the air, sometimes it's just our hand by our side... but that child is for sure greeting and saying farewell to everyone who comes by.  She's super sociable.

She loves to eat lint.

She's funny.  She likes to set up a game of peek-a-boo and pull something over her face and wait for the other person to play peek-a-boo.  I think this is a sign of great intelligence.  ;-)

I love her lots.  That is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.