Yom Kippur and Twinning

I'm not a really patient person with the people who deserve my patience the most.  It's how most people are with people in their lives, but it still upsets me to know that the folks that I should treasure the most I tend to dump on.  My mom, my husband... it's not a pretty trait and it's one that I need to work on.  I know how to be stubborn and stick to my guns even when it's hurting me the most.  Similar to my child when she puts up a crazy fight when I get out the Nose Frida.  That junk has got to come out of your nose little girl, and it would be much easier if you didn't thrash like I was about to pith you and require two fully-grown adults to hold you down.  Crazy.

Yom Kippur is the day of atonement and when we're supposed to ask for forgiveness for all that we do to the people we love in our lives (and those we don't).  Thankfully, I've recently learned to apologize to the people in my lives more easily and so I don't wait for just one day in a year to apologize, I do it much more often.  Having a child though... it's such a vehicle for humility and understanding your mistakes.  It's as if that little person and all of their actions are like little versions of you a long time ago... and make hindsight come even more into focus.

So here's to my little person and all that she has to teach me about life, it's transgressions, and hopefully how to become a better version of myself.

Mini Me
Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.