Thanksgiving

Oi vei! What a holiday.  :)

Yanik and I cooked for 2 days together and hosted last night.  What an incredible night.  We did the tradition of where everyone goes around the table and shares what they are thankful for... and as is typical in the Soviet Jewish experience, most people thanked this country of ours and all of the services and comforts which it has provided to our parents and our grandparents.

The food was really really good.  My feet were also really really swollen by the end of the day... so once dinner hit the table I pretty much parked my tuchus in a chair and watched everyone run around and do everything. This is where I get to gush about my family and my new family and how incredible everyone is.

My mom brought over "sirniki" made from her homemade tvorog.  My brother called to check in and make sure all was well.  My dad and Galia were up and cleaning the whole night through.  My in-laws brought over laundered and ironed clothes for our little lady that had been passed down to us.  My mother in-law first did all of the dishes and then proceeded to give me a foot rub for an hour.  I mean.... REALLY?? I'm probably the luckiest girl on the planet.  These people are so there for me all of the time and when I think back to what my own parents went through when they came to this country and had me with absolutely no support from parents around... I just shake my head and feel thankful.  Because at the end of the day? These folks are what make me feel like I can handle this whole parenthood thing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.