Grandparents

This week has taught me one thing.  My parents were super heroes.  They were here with myself and my brother without any parents or support.  After this week I understand how that is just not even feasible or reasonable.

My parents and parents-in law have been such a saving grace these few weeks.  When this little lady has her few hours of crazy every evening and is difficult during the day it is such a HUGE help and blessing to have others come over and walk with her, swaddle her, sway her and give me some time to take a nap or shower or eat.  It's incredible how an entire day can pass and then all of a sudden you realize "holy cow... I never ate lunch."  There are crazy skinny people that this happens to all of the time.  You know.... THOSE people.  But that never happens to me.  I'm a foodie.  I love food.  I love lunch.  I start usually thinking about lunch around 9:30 am.  Now? It's  3pm and I haven't peed in hours and all of a sudden I'm grouchy and I remember... "oh lunch."  Motherhood is nuts.

Thank hashem for these wonderful people who harass me into allowing help... or even better don't ask any longer, and simply show up and say things like "go shower" or "go have dinner with your husband" and just do the things that need to get done.  I used to be a crazy lady who would see the housewives of the North Shore with nannies and think to myself... "she doesn't work! Why the hell does she need a nanny too??" Oh.  She has to pee.  That's why she has a nanny.  So she can get to the bathroom occasionally... or put on something other than sweatpants and a sweatshirt which are covered in burps and questionable stains (I'm ALMOST there).

So... overall? Things are better.  I like her more.  I even think she's cute now in the middle of the night when she wakes me up and wants to feed.  That's progress. :)  AND I know that this could not have been possible without those wonderful people who did this already once with me and my brother and Yanik and his sister and now want to volunteer to help again with my offspring even though they didn't have the same support when they were going through what they are going through.  And that's pretty amazing.


Comments

  1. To love- it's to be able to give yourself without thinking, if you have to, or what will come out of it. It's a fortunate internal feeling, showing you the most gentle and creative way of being useful, without overwhelming anyone by your presence, or making someone feel obligated to do something in return.
    To love your kids or their gradkids... it's exceptional epifony! To be in their presence... it's selfendulging...its a perfect number 8- infinity of flowing love, creating a permanent dumb smile on my happy face :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.