First Anniversary

It's crazy to think that my sweetheart and I walked down the aisle one year ago today.  We've accomplished a lot in that year.  :)

We traveled to Spain and Portugal, we went to California and drove up the coast, we went skiing a few times in Colorado, and then we went and got ourselves a little lady.  She's definitely changing things.  We now sleep with a bassinet in between us... but hopefully that won't last too long.  I'm looking forward to 4 hour feedings in the night and actually getting our bed to ourselves.

It's a little crazy to have a month-old little lady and also have our anniversary.  Today is just a regular day.  I woke up.  Lilah slept on me after a feeding for an hour or two.  I slung her to me, we watched the latest episode of Downton Abbey and an episode of "Masters of Sex."  Mom and grandma came over and we hung out (4 generations of ladies is pretty awesome).

They left and I'm waiting for Yan to get home so we can try to put her to bed.  Hopefully tonight will be more chill and not like last night (where we got the screaming treatment from about 6:30 until about 11:30).  That would be a lovely anniversary present.  :)  But those screaming episodes are where I realize that we have an incredible relationship regardless.  We both lose it, but not simultaneously... and that's because we support each other through them.  We take turns.  We sacrifice ourselves for the sanity of the other.  That's pretty great as far as I'm concerned.

Tomorrow we're heading off to a dinner on the town which is kind of amazing.  We'll leave her for a few hours with Yan's parents which will be when we really celebrate.  Also, I'm hoping to get away for a full night sometime before I go back to work full-time.  That would be truly romantic.  A night of sleep is about all of the romance I can muster.  We'll get back to it eventually though... this man of mine is still all I can hope for.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.