Huge accomplishments!

Last night we had 3 wake-ups.  This is already huge.  Even if it doesn't happen again, at least last night was glorious.

Today I drove my child to Northbrook Court for a date with Ms. BB, whom I haven't seen since before the birth of my child.  Her kiddo and my kiddo didn't really hit it off right away, but I believe that they will be fast friends soon enough.  :)  We wandered around the mall, had lunch at Stir Crazy and then walked a little more.  It's wonderful having so many people in my life with kidlets of their own.  It's a wealth of knowledge, but more importantly a huge source of empathy.  I could swim in empathy at this point in my life.  Until my fingers get all prune-y.

We drove home and had a 10 minute bout of hysteria where my child screamed so hard that when I finally did get a chance to look at her she was passed out with a nice coating of foamy spittle around her mouth.  I was able to drown out her screaming (and calm her down) with the sound of white noise between AM stations and by aiming my car into each and every pothole I saw.  If it's the choice between my car's shocks and hearing my child scream, I'll go ahead and ruin the shocks every time.

When we got home she had about 5 minutes left in her of nappage, so I ran to the front door, got the new Nest base which had just arrived and installed that sucker before she woke up.  Our heat officially works!  Best news ever.

Finally I have two more social visits today.  Two!  This is the makings of a wonderful Friday.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...