Movements

This little lady and I have been very aware of each other for a long long time.  I felt her kick for the first time around 14 weeks... which I was told is fairly early for a first time mama.  She's becoming cramped in my torso at this point, and the movements have become super different.  Instead of a little kick or hand movements here or there, at this point we're straight-up moving across the belly with our entire body, similar to a whale skimming the surface of the water.  It's totally alien-like, but also it's just flippin' amazing!  It for some reason makes this entire having a kid thing significantly more tangible and approachable.  Since I haven't had an ultrasound since 20 weeks, and we're approaching 33, there is something very strange about not having a visual... and this makes it a little more real.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.