What It Means to Have a True Partner...

I've had some pretty significant struggles in life.  More than your average lady in her early 30's in my neighborhood with my level of education.  As an eternal optimist I can safely say that I've learned some really valuable lessons along the way... and that is a source of strength and guidance in my life.  I'm no Yoda, but there are definitely some things that I grasp that some others might not.  Last night during our Bradley class we held a "labor rehearsal" and went through tons of different stations with different tasks that we've learned along the way.  There were multiple times when I looked around the room and thought to myself "I'm one lucky girl."  My husband is simply incredible.  I'm just very lucky to know that I have someone who is calm in a stressful situation, selfless, inquisitive, and will do anything to help me while I bring a little girl into this world.  When I think back onto my previous relationships I realize that this is true... and it never really has been before.  And what a huge difference it makes in my own experience, my own self-confidence, and what a huge load it takes off of my shoulders.  I don't have to do everything.  I don't have to expect everything.  I just need to trust in my partner, and I know that I will be ok.  And that is an incredibly fortunate thing to have.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.