Pink

One of the glorious things about growing up in the 80's in this country was the rainbow.  The rainbow was everywhere! Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake... pretty much every color was always present and accounted for.  I went to Target yesterday and was just thoroughly disappointed.  Literally every thing that a girl could ever wear is pink.  It's as if the entire rainbow was wiped out in a generation and all we are left with is bubble gum.  I literally scoured and after some serious searching found a few yellow items... but I also went ahead and purchased something clearly made for a "boy."  It made me think of this article, and how right on she really was, is, and will be for quite some time.

Such a silly thing, and such a symptom of what we do to little ladies in our society.  I'm miffed.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.