Due Date-- come and gone...

A day come and gone.  

I woke up with some contractions but they slowed down quickly and the day was pretty uneventful.  I participated in the pep assembly via text and everything went well.  I went and got a massage from the wonderful Dana Cruz, and then came home.  We tried to go see a movie and it was an epic fail but we played some arcade games instead.  By the time we got home we were pretty pooped, so we watched "Legally Blonde" while Yanik hacked and then headed to sleep.  I was having some serious pains at that time, combined with stomach and contractions and hoped to get as much sleep as I could.  I woke up at 9am, and here we are! Day 1 after due date.  

One thing I've learned.  There's something to the idea of performance anxiety.  We're giving updates to friends and family at this point unsolicited to try to cut back on the "are you giving birth yet" conversation.  This might get old pretty quickly. :) 

Also, I turned to hocus-pocus such as a website that predicts your due date.  Unfortunately, these stats don't really help much.  So... maybe I'll go shovel snow?? That might help things along.  :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.