Latke Fest

The eighth annual Latke Fest came and went!  We hosted about 30 people at our home last night and we made about 25 lbs of latkes for those folk.  It was crazy and at the end of it all my feet looked like they belonged to a Hobbit, but it was rather magical.  First of all, my wonderful friends came early to help.  I had my wonderful husband who doesn't love the social gatherings but does them because he knows it's a holiday gift to me, my wonderful Shaffies, and then Kathy.  Not only did they come and help me fry and cut and prep, but they also brought food, liquor, and furniture along to help.  Afterwards everyone helped clean while I sat with my messed up feet, and my friend Britt assembled to-go bags for all of the folks who came.  I mean... how does a girl get so lucky???  Between my friends and family I'm able to continue believing that the world is a wonderful place where wonderful people live... and the rest of the stuff is just negative crap that should be ignored.

Which is pretty much how I still feel about being pregnant.  :)  Yes, my feet are terrifying looking after a full day on my feet, and yes my pelvic muscles and ligaments don't really always feel like they're fully attached... but then when I'm sitting with my feet up and I get a little flutter... it's all totally chill and good.  I only get a week or two left with this little lady within, and then we're going to have to get to know each other and adjust to our new lives.  So for now, I'll deal with the waddle and the big feet and just focus on the few weeks left of setting my own sleep schedule and showering whenever I want.  :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In a Name...

Just When You Thought You Could Breathe Easy...

10 days In- Reflections, Realizations, Confessions.